Outlook Web App (OWA) is reserved for those occasions when you do not have a computer with Microsoft Outlook but are required to access your emails immediately. This way, you will be able to access your email by using the web browser and access all data that is stored in the Microsoft Exchange Server.
Although you will not be able to view past emails that are no longer available in the Exchange server, this option is extremely suitable when you do not have time for Outlook email setup and need to access your email immediately. OWA only supports very few features in contrast to the email client Outlook; the service allows you to view your email when you are on the go.
You can even access OWA from your smartphone. If you own an iPhone, you can connect to the Microsoft Outlook webmail services and access important business email through the device alone. This feature is only available in iPhone 7 or higher versions since Apple added Outlook.com sync to the list of features in the phone. Here’s what you have to do for the Outlook email setup in iPhone.
- Tap on the Setting option from the Home Screen in iPhone.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars option and then select the option Add Account. You will see a list of compatible email services, among which you will find com service as well. Tap on it.
- If you are using an old iPhone, the phone might list Hotmail. Tap on this option if you see it.
- You will be requested to type in your Outlook email address in the email field. Make sure you type in the full email address instead of only the username.
- Fill in the proper Outlook password, with proper casing, in the Password field. Your phone will automatically save this option so you do not have to type in the password every time.
- If you plan to add several Outlook.com accounts, you can distinguish between them by adding a description. This way you will be able to toggle through all the accounts and select the one you prefer.
- Tap on Next and then Outlook Webmail items that you want to sync with your phone. You can even set the option to select your Contacts and Calendar. This way, you will be informed of any events that are marked in Outlook.
If you follow the procedure mentioned above, you will be able to access all your Outlook emails with an iPhone.