Android based devices have become so popular by now. Availability of millions of applications, lack of virus threats, and attractive user interface, are some of the key merits that attract people to go in for android based handsets. Although there are many email applications similar to it, a large number of people still prefer Microsoft Outlook. However, some might not be certain about the procedure setting up Microsoft Outlook in their Android based device.
Through this article, let me introduce to you a few steps about how to set up Outlook express in your Android based device. You can also find steps on configuring Outlook OWA Exchange ActiveSync on an Android smart phone.
Configuring Android Phone for Outlook Exchange
- Navigate to the Settings
- Choose the option that says Accounts & Sync.
- Highlight Add account
- Choose Corporate
- Type in your login credentials for the Outlook account (email address and password) and check the option titled send email from this account by default.
- Press on the Next button to proceed.
- Enter the following outlook email setup details.
- Password (the password used for your Outlook email)
- Select secure connection (SSL) and click on the button named Accept all SSL certificate
- Press Next to proceed.
- You will be prompted with a message that says The server pod5004.outlook.com requires that you allow it to remotely control dome securety features of your phone. Do you wish to finish setting up this account? Press on OK to proceed.
- Select the Done button after giving your account name.
Configuring Outlook OWA Exchange ActiveSync on Android Phone
- Launch Work email application.
- Go to the Settings
- Click Add Account or Account Settings
- Type in your email address.
- Type in the server address as pod51004.outlook.com
- Leave the box named Enter the domain as blank.
- Again enter the email address. Make sure that you enter the full email address.
- Type in the password of your email correctly in the specific field.
- Locate the box which says Server requires an encrypted SSL connection. Check the box.
- Select the Save button in order to save the changes you have made in your Outlook email setup.
You will now be able to configure your Android phone to launch Microsoft Outlook application in it. Now start enjoying the multi utilities in it.Google+