Outlook is the most used email manager program and you can integrate any email account in the Outlook program. Follow the simple steps given below for configuring a Comcast email in your Outlook 2007 program.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook software by clicking on its icon present in the quick launch bar.
- Now in the Outlook window, click on the Account Settings option in the Tools menu.
- To configure the Outlook email setup for Outlook 2007, click on your email account and click on the Change option.
- Now click on the tab that states Email and select the New option under it.
- Select the email service that your remote server supports from the Email Service screen like Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click on the Next button to continue.
- To configure the server settings manually, place a check mark on the checkbox besides the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option and then click on the Next button.
- Choose the Internet Email option and then click on the Next button to continue.
- Now enter your login details in the page that opens.
- Select the POP3 server option from the Account Type drop down menu. Enter mail.comcast.net in the Incoming mail server field and in the Outgoing mail server field enter smtp.comcast.net.
- Now in the Username field, enter your username which is the word before the @ symbol in your email id. For example, if your email id is email@example.com then type in johndoe in the username field. Now enter your password in the Password field and click on the Remember Password checkbox if you want the system to remember your password so that you will not want to enter password every time you login to the email.
- Select the Advanced tab under the More Settings option.
- Now set the incoming POP3 server to 995 and look if the server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Also, make sure that the Outgoing SMTP server is set to 465 and set the encryption type to SSL from the dropdown menu.
- Now click on the Outgoing Server tab and make sure that that the option reading My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is selected. Do the same for incoming mail server too and click on the OK button.
- Now click on Next button and click on Finish button to complete the process.
If you find any difficulty while configuring a Comcast email id, then contact the Outlook email setup help team for further support.Google+